Aircraft Test Technician
Employment Type: Full-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you'll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Boeing Defense, Space, and Security (BDS) is seeking an experienced Aircraft Test Technician for our Mesa, AZ location, home of the Apache.
The Aircraft Test Technician assembles, modifies, installs and tests aircraft assemblies, subassemblies, components, systems and airframe structures on the aircraft. Also, will identify nonconforming parts, conditions and processes. This position will require the technician to be able to climb, stand, bend, kneel, reach, crawl, and walk on or around aircraft or work stands.
- Follows manufacturing planning, blueprints, schematics, process specifications, test procedures, repair and rework sketches, written and oral instructions to assemble, install, test, troubleshoot, rework, repair and modify aircraft assemblies, subassemblies, components, systems, and airframe structures on the aircraft.
- Uses analytical problem solving skill and advanced troubleshooting skills to perform functional systems testing of mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, avionics, weapons, flight control, navigation, fuel management, and electronic systems.
- Verifies and records completion of assemblies and testing.
- Uses specialized tools and test equipment to install, rig and test major aircraft systems such as primary and secondary hydraulic assist, pneumatic, fuel, fire suppression, environmental control, flight controls and drive components to include engines, main rotor transmissions and gear boxes.
- Uses various hand tools as well as electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic equipment to perform assembly and installation operations.
- Plans work and determines proper tools and equipment required to perform assembly, disassembly, test and retest of aircraft systems from first assembly to tested, final product.
- Ensure all assemblies and detail parts are free of Foreign Object Debris (FOD) and non-conformances issues.
- Check units for compliance visually and by using hand held precision measuring equipment, such as calipers, micrometers, height gages and scales.
- Report all non-conformances to manufacturing supervision or corrective action representative.
- Prepare rejection tags noting deviations from specifications on dimensions, finishes, material, processes, or quality when required.
- Follow all safety procedures and reports unsafe conditions to safety officials or manufacturing supervision.
- Report on job status and restraints to coworkers and supervision.
- Identify production inefficiencies and suggest potential improvements to product or process.
- This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance, post start (US Citizenship Required).
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Experience in mechanical and/or electrical assemblies and sub-assemblies on Apache Helicopters.
- Experience following computer based and other specific processes and systems, including manufacturing planning and blueprints, as well as other forms of both written and oral instructions.
- Ability to work and rotate between shifts and additional hours when needed.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience preferred but not required, with testing of various systems on Apache Longbow Helicopters including the ability to work from blueprints and schematics for troubleshooting and repairing of system anomalies.
- Experience with various Apache systems such as avionics, systems testing, hydraulics, fuel, environmental control, drive systems, flight controls and aircraft rigging, wire harness build and install, along with other mechanical and electrical assemblies and sub-assemblies.
- First Time Quality, FOD, Tool Control, 5S, and Safety are all strongly desired.
- Performing work in this jobs occupational field requires the application of scientific, semiprofessional disciplines learned through technical, formal vocational training or less than a four year academic program and 3 to 5 years of work related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit for this position. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
At Boeing, diversity, equity, and inclusion are enduring company values. We strive to live these values every day not only because it's the right thing to do, but because our success depends on it. The company's commitment to diversity and inclusion means providing a work environment for all employees that is welcoming, respectful and equitable, with opportunities for personal and professional development.
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Loading some great jobs for you...