Gateway Spacecraft Autonomous Control Systems Engineer
ERC in Houston, TX
- Industry: Information Technology - System Engineer And Technician
- Type: Full Time
- Compensation: $111,040.00 - 162,150.00 / Year*
As a Gateway Spacecraft Autonomous Control Systems Engineer you will:
- Design connections between various autonomous control systems in a distributed, hierarchical architecture
- Develop prototypes of complex autonomous systems and their interactions
- Analyze control system designs
- Document interface requirements and designs that promote stable interoperability
- Perform other duties as assigned
This position has been posted at multiple levels. Depending on the candidate's experience, requirements and business needs, we reserve the right to consider candidates at any level for which this position has been advertised.
- BS degree from an accredited engineering school and five (5) years of related engineering experience, or a MS degree from an accredited engineering school and four (4) years of related engineering experience, or Ph.D. from an accredited engineering school and zero (0) years of related experience.
- Experience with architecting distributed control systems
- Experience with classical and modern control methods, including robust, optimal, hybrid, and distributed control
- Experience with both discrete and continuous control systems
- Experience with controllability/observability analysis for complex systems
- Experience with assessing stability of a system with real-world assumptions (lossy, latent networks, etc.)
- Proficiency with C/C++ coding
- Proficiency with Linux
- Experience with autonomous and critical systems
- Excellent communication, negotiation and coordination skills and strong customer service attitude
- Proficiency with scripting languages such as Python
- NASA software and systems development standard
- Excellent personal and professional career growth
- 9/80 work schedule (every other Friday off)
- Onsite cafeteria (breakfast & lunch)
- Comprehensive Benefit Package (medical, dental & vision)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Much, much more!
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and successfully complete a U.S. government background investigation.
- Management has the prerogative to select at any level for which this position has been advertised.
Generally an office environment, but can involve inside or outside work depending on task.
Work may involve sitting or standing for extended periods (90% of time). May require lifting and carrying up to 25 lbs (5% of time).
Equipment and Machines
Standard office equipment (PC, telephone, printer, etc.).
Regular attendance in accordance with established work schedule is critical. Ability to work outside normal schedule and adjust schedule to meet peak periods and surge requirements when required.
Other Essential Functions
Must be able to work in a team atmosphere. Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation. Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others.
* Estimated salary
More Jobs Hiring Near Me!