Location 1944 E Sky Harbor Circle, Phoenix, Arizona, 85034, United States Category Engineering Job Id req212538
Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
The future is what you make it.
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future.
That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars.
Working at Honeywell isnt just about developing cool things. Thats why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
An excellent career opportunity is currently available for a Sr Engineering Director in the Honeywell Aerospace (AERO) business unit located in Phoenix, AZ. In this exciting opportunity in a high growth environment, you will utilize your experience in Engineering to significantly impact and support the AERO business.
Honeywell Aerospacehas nearly 40,000employees around the world. Thousands of Honeywell Aerospace technologies,products and services are found on virtually every commercial, defense andspace aircraft worldwide. We develop solutions that span air trafficmodernization, flight and runway safety, engines, cockpit and cabinelectronics, wireless connectivity, logistics and more.
Honeywell Aerospacedelivers safe, efficient, productive and more comfortable transportationexperiences for manufacturers, airlines, business and general aviationaircraft, military and airports through three divisions, Air Transport andRegional, Business and General Aviation and Defense and Space. For moreinformation, please visit aerospace.honeywell.com/ or follow ...@honeywell_Aero.
The Senior Director will report to the Vice President Product Support Engineering (PSE) and is responsible for directing the growth of the worldwide Repair & Overhaul engine, APU, W&Bs, FCUs, HX, airframe components & Avionics/Electronics services businesses. Responsibilities include strategic technical direction and coordination with business leaders, developing new relationships within the industry, identifying and pursuing new market opportunities and evaluating potential partnerships, acquisitions/mergers or divestitures. This position supports negotiation with potential partners for license agreements, alliances, joint ventures and acquisitions. Additionally, this role is responsible for coordinating with the Engineering Leadership Team, E&T COE Tier 2/3 organizations, ISC ASC/EMEA/ APAC, GS&I, Global Sourcing, Finance and GBEs to ensure technical support provided for the entire Aftermarket Supply Chain. This leadership position is responsible for directing the productivity, cost take-out and work-scope standardization programs to ensure all responsible site goals are attained or exceeded. The position oversees monthly cost takeout reviews and develops aftermarket strategy, working and interacting directly with SBU engineering leaders, SBG leaders and HR.
- Change management
- Interaction with senior level customer leaders
- Key project reviews including cost take out
Specific responsibilities include:
- Leading aftermarket engineering teams responsible for process standardization, cost take-out, aftermarket ISC service centers and Channel Partner facilities including day to day technical support, as well as impacts of footprint consolidation of these facilities and the transition of work into other Honeywell service centers or partner facilities
- Ensuring a disciplined and data-driven approach is utilized for aftermarket technical decisions. Lead the creation/update of a project knowledge base
- Overseeing engineering aftermarket airworthiness activities including FAA ODA unit members and ARB engineers
- Developing and implementing a Management Operating System to drive effective communication, interface, and execution of GROE engineering tasks and responsibilities between GROE, Worldwide ISC Aftermarket Operations and GBEs
- Championing standardization efforts among engineers and processes across site to transfer best practices, smart-scoping, standard repair processes
- Driving the Aftermarket Services support for key initiatives such as Technical Execution Miss Reduction, Scrap Reduction, Reuse/Repair/Replace (with New).
- Travel (approximately 10-25%), including international
Responsibility for GROE organization programs to:
- Execute Engineering Change Process Approvals
- Drive VCP (Value Creation Project) Program Management structure/coordination
- Ensure metrics development aligned with Goal Deployment Monthly Operating Review established
- Support New Product Development Entry in (Aftermarket) Service
- Enable Process Development including Capital Investment Coordination Post Audit (ROI)
YOU MUST HAVE:
- Bachelors degree in Engineering or relevant technical discipline
- 15 plus years experience in the Aerospace industry
- 10 years managing change management projects
- 5 plus years experience running large budgets
- Must be a U.S. citizen, Permanent Resident or Protected Status due to contractual requirements
- Gas Turbine Engine/Component/Avionics Repair Development aftermarket experience in roles of escalating responsibility
- Masters Degree in engineering, Science, or Business, preferred
- Six Sigma Green Belt, Design for Six Sigma, Black Belt/MBB or Lean Expert/Lean Master certifications preferred
- Program Management experience; (PMP certified or equivalent, a plus)
- Advanced communications/presentation/ leadership/people skills are essential
- Strong experience presenting projects to executive level leadership
- Previous experience managing remote relationships
- Intimately familiar with FAA and other regulatory organization regulations; (FAA-DER/ODA certificate or equivalent, a plus)
- Ability to think big, bold, courageous, challenges conventional wisdom and legacy practices
- Leads by example - positive, big picture perspective, personal accountability
- Flexibility and open leadership style - approachable, listens aggressively, relates well to employees and customers alike, adaptable to changing requirements and priorities
- Communicates purpose and meaning - energizes people around the organizations vision, creates win-win solutions for personal development, defines linkage between customer requirements and everyday tasks
- Builds trust - high integrity, displays personal courage and commitment, empowers others
- Results oriented - removes barriers, streamlines the infrastructure, open to new opportunities at all levels, looks for bottom line results rather than adherence to form
- Risk management - maintains customer commitments, balances risks vs opportunities for improvement, challenges the status quo
- Innovation - simplifies tasks, maintains priorities and pushes the envelope on innovation wherever possible
- Team building - recognizes the effort, continually develops people, and expects the best, makes the "team" the customer's best known/best valued asset
- Demonstrated business acumen
- Technical/ R&O engineering management skills. Ability to negotiate contracts/agreements with customers at a high level
- Partner with Engineering and ISC leaders in executing leaner/faster processes to achieve AOP and Strategic Plan objectives
- Establish and execute on clear goals to achieve significant cost, quality, delivery and productivity improvements - Bigger, Bolder, Faster
- JOB ID: req212538
- Location: 1944 E Sky Harbor Circle,Phoenix,Arizona,85034,United States
Honeywell Aerospace Overview
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Email this job
Send this job to yourself or a colleague.
Get tailored job recommendations based on your interests.
Sign up for alerts and get notified when jobs like this are posted.
Enter Email address Join The Talent Honeywell Community
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
Associated topics: aerodynamics, airframe, astronautical, aviation, f 35, missle, propulsion, satellite, space craft, wind tunnel