Experienced Flight Software Engineer
Compensation: $104,620.00 - $154,250.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Information Technology
Description:At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our unique skills and experiences to craft, design and build solutions to some of the worlds' hardest engineering problems. Do you want join a culture that inspires employees to think creatively, exceed their own expectations and build incredible products? We provide the resources, support and focus - if you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
The nation received a White House mandate to place humans back on the surface of the Moon by 2024. Lockheed Martin Space is onboard to be part of this historic event and is looking to build a core team of highly-motivated engineers excited to be working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. This is a rare opportunity for you to help NASA meet the challenges of the first step in achieving that 'long-term presence at the Moon' and the stepping point for human missions to Mars.
In this position, you will be a part of a multi-disciplinary team of Flight Software (FSW) developers and Guidance, Navigation, and Control (GN&C) analysts working together to produce the complete integrated GN&C product. You will be responsible for the integration, testing, and verification of the GN&C FSW to create a product that will directly impact mission success.
This position is contingent upon program award expected Q2 2020
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that supports big picture thinking. Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
Typically has 14 - 20 years of professional experience.
Paid time off
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers pursue the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
Learn more about Lockheed Martin's competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
* Previous C++ experience
* Experience with software development lifecycle
* Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
* Excellent team orientation
* Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic, collaborative team environment
* Self-motivated learner
* Familiarity with GN&C hardware and algorithms
* Experience with a program life cycle encompassing requirements generation, PDR, design and analysis, CDR, integration, verification, and validation
* Experience testing software through unit testing, integrated testing, and hardware-in-the-loop testing
* Experience with flight software development on spacecraft
* Experience working with NASA
* Experience working in Linux environment
* Familiarity with Agile tools, processes, and mindsets
* Demonstrated communication skills with the ability to articulate complex technical issues to peers, management, subcontractors, and customers
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Associated topics: back end, c#, develop, java, matlab, php, programming, sdet, software developer, sw
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...