Supplier Quality Engineer , Aerospace AS9100
Compensation: $123,230.00 - $176,910.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
Industry leading Aerospace Electromechanical compoennet and controls manufacturer has immediate need for experienced Supplier Quality Engineer. Will focus on supplier development and relationships in a manufacturing environment. The Supplier Quality Engineer works with suppliers to continually improve performance, implement process consistence and produce quality products at a value price. The SQE must be a critical thinker and active listener with good time management skills in order to work with suppliers and product teams to deliver quality cost efficient product.
- Accountable for leading and facilitating all quality and technical aspects of the Supply Chain activities and processes by providing technical guidance, leadership and input to the review, analysis and resolution of supplier issues and overall supplier continuous improvement development.
- Develop good relationships with purchasing and the supply base to maintain a strong support system and supplier relations for the organization and continually improve supplier performance and reduce costs
- Critical thinker and active listener with good time management skills in order to work with suppliers and product teams
- Work closely with multi-level Engineering, Purchasing, Operations, and cross-functional teams for the identification, evaluation and qualification of new suppliers
- Generates and maintains ARA s Approved Supplier Status Listing
- Visits Key suppliers on a regular basis
- Schedules and conducts regular and special audits of suppliers quality management system
- Review supplier processes to assure they are robust and repeatable.
- Conducts supplier non-conformance investigations and corrective action follow-up.
- Monitors supplier s quality rating and issues corrective actions as required.
- Facilitate an 8D corrective action process.
- Support Operations by investigating and resolving repeated or major/critical reported supplier quality issues.
- Responsible for recording and processing of data, so that this position can evaluate any improvement opportunities in the supply chain
- Chairs annual supplier conference
- Performs general inspection work on a variety of parts (castings, machined parts, plastic injected molded parts, etc.) and various materials, at supplier s facility and in-house, as needed.
- Responsible for the internal receiving inspection process
- Responsible for the nonconforming material process
- Responsible for the company s supplier dock to stock program
- Facilitates or participates in customer and internal audits, performs trend analysis on product issues and corrective actions.
- Provide continuous improvement ideas in productivity, efficiencies and waste reductions to help drive value innovation and cost reductions with the supply base.
- Needs to have very good communication skills, both written as well as oral.
Requires AS/BS degree in technical or engineering field, ASQ Certifications (CQE, CSSBB etc.) preferred. 5+ years experience performing supply chain engineering, auditing and inspection functions including Aerospace manufacturing environment. Strong interpersonal interface skills. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Skills related to mechanical and/or electrical inspection techniques. Capable of using a variety of measuring and test equipment. Knowledge of ISO9001:2016/ AS9100D Quality Management System requirements. Knowledgeable skills in supplier auditing. Computer literacy, including MS-Word, and MS-Excel. Familiarity with Business Information Systems, e.g. EPICOR. Self-motivated and ability to work under minimal supervision.* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...