Moog, a manufacturer of highly precise motion control systems, has
grown steadily over the years both organically as well as through acquisition,
and is now a two and a half billion dollar, complex company with 14,000
employees globally at over 100 sites.
Moog s Aircraft Group has been offering Superior
Engineering and Advanced Technologies to the Military Aircraft Market since the
company s inception in the 1950 s. Bill Moog s invention enabled the technology
for Fly-by-Wire flight controls used in today s modern aircraft. In the 1980 s
we led development of flight controls for the B-2, in the 1990 s we developed
the flight control system for the X-43 Hyper-X UAV, and today are delivering
flight controls for Fighter Aircraft, Rotorcraft, Special Mission, as well as
Unmanned Aircraft.Project Engineer, Development
Engineering Process Group
As a Project Engineer in Moog s Development Engineering
- Does sharing your engineering knowledge, experience
and best practices to raise the competence of others get you excited and give
you a sense of accomplishment?
- Do you enjoy leading complex, cross-functional,
cross-site process improvement initiatives?
- Do you have a passion for advancing and optimizing the
way that product is developed?
- Imagine joining an enterprise where a belief in
personal accountability continues to drive groundbreaking innovation and global
Process Group you can expect to:
Here s what you ll work on:
- Work in a global development engineering organization
establishing engineering best practice and leading process improvement
- Meet and establish working relationships with
engineers across the globe, while building on your current knowledge and
experience to collaborate and drive the engineering organization forward
launching new design tools, processes and technology.
- Be part of the core engineering team, at the forefront
of guiding the engineering organization to higher levels of maturity concerning
process and advanced product quality planning.
Here's what you'll need to be
- Provide advisory services to engineering leaders
concerning governance frameworks and lean principles.
- Adoption of industry best practice design and
development activities such as DFMEA, DFMA and product error proofing.
- Standardization and sharing of engineering best
practice and design tools.
- Conduct process development workshops and build future
- Plan and execute process deployment projects,
including training, communications, coaching and support to engineering teams
adopting new working practices.
- Conduct process assurance audits to identify
opportunities for continuous improvement.
considered for this opportunity:
Additional Desired Skills:
- Minimum of an MS Degree, preferably in Mechanical, Aeronautical or Electrical Engineering plus three years of design/development engineering experience; or BS Degree plus six years of design/development engineering experience.
- Seasoned knowledge of closed loop control systems and mechanical, hydraulic and electrical hardware designs.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to see
processes end-to-end, understanding the inputs and outputs at each step.
- A self-starter, with experience working with
cross-organizational and cross-discipline teams.
- Strong interpersonal, presentation, oral, and written
- Advanced computer skills with experience in Word,
Excel, Visio and PowerPoint.
You can do this!
- Experience with process improvement techniques such as
Six Sigma Green Belt, Lean, Kaizen, etc.
- Experience in facilitating change, particularly
overcoming the inertia associated with a status quo that may be perceived to
have high value.
- Knowledge of development life-cycle processes, such as
AS9145, AS9100, ARP4754, DO160, DO178, and DO-254
- Teamcenter, NX, Matlab, Simulink, Ansys
- Formal certification in Project Management
- Experience implementing CMMI maturity Level 3
a performance culture that empowers people to achieve great things. Our people
enjoy tackling interesting technical challenges in a culture where everyone
trust each other to do the right thing. For you, working with us can mean
deeper job satisfaction, better rewards, and a great quality of life inside and
outside of work.EOE/AA Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Sexual