Senior Avionics Engineer Airborne Radar
MTSI in Fairborn, OH
- Industry: Aviation - Engineering/Design
- Type: Full Time
- Compensation: $115,740.00 - 161,340.00 / Year*
Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI) is hiring a Senior Avionics Engineer in Beavercreek, OH. We are co-owned by more than 1,100 engineers, analysts, and professionals dedicated to providing high caliber services to aerospace and defense and intelligence customers across the US. We are looking for the best to join us as we grow.
Why is MTSI known as one of the Best Places to Work in the Dayton area?
- Interesting Work: Our co-workers support some of the most critical programs.
- Values: Our first core value is that employees come first. We challenge our co-workers to provide the highest level of support and service, and reward them with some of the best benefits in the industry.
- Employee Ownership: we have a stake in each other's success, and the success of our customers. It's also nice to know what's going on across the company; we have company wide discussions three times a year.
- Great Benefits: start with 20 days PTO, 10 holidays, 6% 401k match with immediate vesting, semi-annual bonuses, and eligibility to participate in our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). We offer other employee focused benefits, including up to $10k in annual tuition reimbursement and an optional zero dollar deductible BCBS health insurance plan. As employee owners, the choice is simple to take care of people and each other.
- Track Record of Success: We will celebrate 25 years in business in 2018. We'll also be celebrating 25 years of consecutive growth.
- Advise and assist in managing the development, integration and sustainment of advanced aircraft weapon systems, subsystems, devices and support equipment with a particular emphasis on avionics.
- Provide engineering application of advanced theories, concepts, principles, and processes to the acquisition, development, and sustainment of phased radar array systems, including distributed receiver/exciters, processors, operating system, middleware, sensor manager, and active electronically steerable array (AESA) elements.
- Work with Government personnel to oversee complex radar work, such as electronic circuits, circuit elements, equipment, systems, and associated phenomena concerned with electromagnetic or acoustical wave energy or electrical information, resulting in a wide area surveillance (WAS) system for military operations.
- Apply experimental theories, new applications or developments to improve operations and/or resolve unique or complex/controversial problems, conditions or issues.
- Provides technical engineering expertise in both written and oral form for airborne radar systems for the design, development, production, and procurement of avionics subsystems and integration into air vehicles.
- Demonstrates significant technical knowledge and understanding of airborne radar principles and associated theory through modeling and technical briefs and paper.
- Applies broad engineering knowledge in analyzing and developing solutions to a wide variety of airborne radar technology issues: receivers, transmitters, antenna design, resolution, mode development/techniques, computer processing and software algorithms.
- Knowledgeable of state of the art and advanced airborne radar sensor technologies and constituent components.
- Applies technical engineering expertise of radar system integration with other sensors, systems, and pilot-vehicle display
- Provides technical expertise to reduce technology, engineering, integration, manufacturing, sustainment, schedule, and cost risk, and conducting the systems development and integration effort.
- Defines technology maturation, technical risk reduction, test conditions and objectives, and other system activities.
- Evaluates and manages requirements, functional and physical architectures, and interfaces.
Required Knowledge Skills Abilities:
- Engineer with at least 10 years of experience
- Familiarity with MIL-HDBK-516, Airworthiness Certification Criteria
- Familiarity with MIL-STD-1796, Avionics Integrity Program
- Demonstrated critical thinking skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly desirable to have aircraft weapon system, subsystems (especially avionics), electronics and technical data experience on ACAT I aircraft acquisition program(s) across the DoD
Clearance Requirements: Must have relevant experience with SAP/SAR or TS/SCI program content within last five (5) years (e.g. briefed into special access information)
Note: US Citizenship is required for this position due to contract requirements
* Estimated salary
More Jobs Hiring Near Me!