The MIL Corporation is now hiring!
Let your imagination take flight supporting the Naval Air Warfare Center Aircraft Division (NAWCAD). Looking to find work that stimulates your mind, challenges your skills, and satisfies your curiosity? MIL currently holds several multi-year contracts with NAWCAD in the areas of Cyber, C5ISR, and Information Technology systems.The MIL Corporation
is seeking an Engineering Technician IV
to support a Federal Government client at our Patuxent River, MD location. MIL Cyber seeks an innovative engineer with a passion for solving challenging problems in the areas of cybersecurity Test and Evaluation (T&E). MIL is approaching problems in cybersecurity that present unique opportunities to support the defense of our nation s critical infrastructure, support our nation s forces and emergency responders, and advance capabilities of our government, military and private sector clients.Key Duties
- Support the T&E of Cyber, Platforms and Weapons related technologies and capabilities; adhering to Service and Department of Defense policies and statutes
- Work directly with clients to develop test plans, lead the execution of test events and deliver final result briefings and reports. Test event types may include, but are not limited to, Developmental and Operational Tests, Security/Vulnerability Assessments
- Apply computer knowledge and skills in support of test execution; such knowledge and skills may include, but are not limited to, Windows and Linux system administration, network configuration and traffic analysis, light programming/scripting; occasional examinations of client database designs and source code
- Participate in various exercises on the national cyber range and identify gaps, constraints, policy limitations, etc., that effect the conduct of robust cyber testing
- Work independently or as part of a team to develop test methodologies, scenarios, and data collection plans to ensure test adequacy; when necessary, work with clients to identify their test requirements and assist in development and coordination of Test & Evaluation Master Plans
- Occasionally attend T&E and Cyber related conferences and participate in technical working groups; observe external cyber exercises/tests/demonstrations and report on findings/issues/concerns/etc.
- Assist in technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for the total system(s)
- Analyze user requirements, procedures and problems to automate or improve existing systems and review computer system capabilities, workflow and scheduling limitations
- High School Diploma/GED
- 6 years of progressive responsible engineering or technical experience in support of fabrication of test equipment, installation of communications or test and evaluation efforts. Naval aviation platform support experience is a big plus.
- Familiarity with operating systems, networks, embedded systems, penetration testing, and/or cyber test & evaluation
- Certifications which qualify the candidate for IAT II (CCNA Security, Security+ ce, GSEC, and SSCP) according to DoD Directive 8140.01 which provides the basis for an enterprise-wide solution to train, certify and manage the DoD Cybersecurity Workforce; or ability to obtain within 6 months of start
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
All applicants for this position must possess a current Secret
clearance; please note that the clearance process takes into account financial background aspects.Why MIL?
MIL is a dynamic workforce of industry professionals who deliver world-class solutions in cyber, engineering, financial management, and information technology and we are looking for candidates like you. Whether you re fresh out of college or the military or well into your professional services career, MIL has great job opportunities that might be right for you.
Here at The MIL Corporation, we pride ourselves on the family-like environment instilled amongst our team. Our employees love working here, and it truly shows through our various recognitions & awards. Last year alone, we earned:
- 2019, 2018, & 2017 Top Workplaces Award, The Washington Post (Washington, D.C.)
- 2019 & 2018 Certified Great Workplace, Great Place to Work
- 2018 Fortune, Great Place to Work: Best Place to Work for Diversity
- 2018, Above & Beyond Award, Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve (ESGR), Department of Defense
Whether your goal is to help defend our country through the cyber efforts of the Department of Defense or ensure proper financial management/accountability with the Department of State, The MIL Corporation welcomes you. Become aa part of something greater, where you, the people, make the difference.The MIL Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Associated topics: aerospace, air craft, aircraft, aircraft maintenance, airframe, f 35, propulsion, supersonic, water jet, wind tunnel