Product Manager - Aerospace & Defense- Univar
Compensation: $153,680.00 - $153,680.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Advertising/Marketing/Public Relations
Loading some great jobs for you...
Want to work for a company that is reimagining distribution? Join Univar Solutions, the premier global distributor of chemicals and ingredients. Our goal is to function as a direct extension of our customers teams; to serve as an ally in their quest of business success.
At Univar Solutions, we re building on our more than 90 years of experience and drawing on deep resources inventory and logistics experts, scientists, PhDs, procurement, customer service, sales and marketers-to deliver consultative services and an unmatched portfolio to solve customers formulation and operational challenges. When you work for Univar Solutions, you ll play an important role in shaping how we deliver more than chemical and ingredients.
In this role as the Product Manager in Univar Solutions Co-Pack Division you will be responsible for the management of the product portfolio which includes Military Specification, ASTM, and aerospace chemicals and lubricants in packaged containers, typically 55 gallons or less. This role will focus on the optimization of the product production plan including correlating sales forecasts and market demand with the inventory strategy and production plan to optimize throughput and product costs. This role is a key function to coordinate all aspects of the Aerospace & Defense product portfolio including new product setup, managing Qualified Products Listing (QPL), pricing, new project estimating, COGS optimization, production planning optimization, and overall portfolio profitability. The Product Manager is the commercial point person responsible for expediting new business and ensuring we have the right product portfolio to meet market demand. The Product Manager reports to the Senior Manager, Aerospace & Defense.
Major responsibilities include:
- Price Management:
- Price management, implementation, and strategic analysis to ensure margin optimization
- Respond to bid requests in a quick fashion, usually less than 24 hours
- Price list development and maintenance to maintain competitive position while protecting profitability
- Negotiate price supports with suppliers supporting key opportunities
- Production planning expediting and execution:
- Partners with and leads coordination of procurement, customer solutions, production planning, network planning, and commercial to ensure optimization of order fulfillment
- Responsible for developing metrics and conducting ongoing monitoring and measurement of production planning performance against sales
- Manages plant network relationships to ensure long term strategies are in place to evolve production capabilities to meet demand
- Along with MAD Business Leader, advocate for and develop business case for capability adds to support servicing business
- Acts as a bridge between commercial sales team and operations for quality concerns and correction
- Product management:
- Short- and long-term inventory strategy related to finished goods and indirect components
- New product setup responsibilities and point person for coordination of product build components including packaging, lids and labels
- Maintains US Military product specification documents and ensures product compliance with current specifications and testing requirements
- Manage Qualified Product Listing (QPL) submissions and renewals
- Lead and coordinate projects and activities around product line expansion, complimentary products or new product lines including selecting and vetting suppliers and making a business case for the expansion
- Point person for communications with R&D and Univar Solutions Applications Lab, suppliers, customers and our plants to solve product specification problems, defining customer product testing requirements, and issues around shelf life certification
- Collaborate with marketing to actively drive demand. Develop communications, training, processes, and tools which equip seller to pursue opportunities and drive sales
- Supplier relationship:
- Builds and maintains relationships with strategic suppliers
- Negotiate supplier pricing for key opportunities and price supports
- Lead monthly, quarterly, or biannual supplier performance reviews
- Educate suppliers on needs of military business and requirements to serve and win
- Develop multi-level relationships within key suppliers
- Bachelor s degree in business, science, or a technical field
- Minimum 5 - 10 years relevant industry experience in product management, technical sales, technical service, and marketing
- Business/Strategic orientation and experience with complex chemical blending and packaging business execution
- Production planning and S&OP experience in a manufacturing business a plus
- Knowledge of military procurement process, Qualified Product List process preferred
- Ability to coordinate across many functions, gain alignment and influence execution
- The role requires proficiency with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint, SAP Business Warehouse, and Salesforce.com.
- Ability to travel up to 20% supporting trade shows and sales support
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
- Leadership orientation and strong interpersonal skills
- Cross-functional team leadership
- Ability to establish strong working relationships and influence action
- Strategic thinking - ability to understand implications of decisions made
- Demonstrated negotiation skills and business acumen
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Data and analytic driven decision making
- Projects a professional and positive image both inside and outside of the company
Univar Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or other protected classification.
We offer comprehensive benefits to employees including medical, dental, STD, LTD and life insurance, 401k, generous PTO and much more.
#LI-NS1* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...