Avionics Operations Engineer
Compensation: $123,230.00 - $176,910.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
Who we are
The Spaceship Company (TSC) is an affiliate of Virgin Galactic as a space-system manufacturing organization. Headquartered at Mojave Air and Space Port in Mojave, California, it is building and testing a fleet of WhiteKnightTwo carrier aircraft and SpaceShipTwo reusable spaceships that, together, form Virgin Galactic s human spaceflight system. Like many Virgin companies across the world, its team of over 400 talented and dedicated engineers, technicians and professionals are drawn together by a willingness to disrupt and challenge the status quo and deliver innovative aerospace solutions to our customers needs. TSC s extensive capabilities encompass preliminary vehicle design and analysis, manufacturing, ground testing, flight testing and post-delivery support.Our Values
TSC and the greater Virgin Organization have a relaxed and informal culture that encourages individuality and innovation. You will be motivated, enterprising and enthusiastic. Company culture is such that you need to be able to check your ego at the door , be a self-starter and possess a sense of humility. You will work well under pressure and thrive on being given challenges and responsibility. You will communicate clearly and be confident and persuasive. You will have a high level of integrity and understand the need of complete confidentiality.Who You Are
The Spaceship Company (TSC) is seeking a new member for our team to serve as Avionics Operations Engineer. If you join us in this position, you will assist in the operations of avionics and electrical systems for the SpaceShipTwo and WhiteKnight2 program, and will also be involved in design, test, and integration. This role is for a hands-on person with great attention to detail and excellent people skills
- Maintain avionics and Flight test instrumentation systems in an operational environment
- Aircraft electrical system design and component selection
- Develop, integrate and operate avionics systems to meet requirements, company standards and Federal Regulations
- Assist in connectivity and routing of wiring harnesses and mechanical configuration of top-level assemblies
- Constantly learn new things and share them with your team members
- Performs other duties as assigned
What you bring
- B.S. Electrical Engineering degree plus more than 3 years relevant experience with avionics systems
- Experience with design and integration of avionics equipment
- Experience with aircraft/spacecraft schematic drawings
- Experience with aircraft/spacecraft Electrical Load Analysis
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to troubleshoot complex problems
- Highly organized
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by ITAR (22 CFR 120.15) or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.The Spaceship Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with The Spaceship Company is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...