Director, Professional Services Delivery - Aerospace & Defense
Compensation: $174,790.00 - $174,790.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Executive Management
Loading some great jobs for you...
Wind River believes that some things are so important they simply cannot fail. That is why we exist. Wind River software has been running the computing systems of the most important critical infrastructure that demand the highest standards for safety, security, performance, and reliability. Found in more than 2 billion devices, Wind River is pioneering edge compute technologies to accelerate the evolution from automated devices to autonomous systems and we have a place for you!
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
LOCATIONS: Various US Locations
Wind River Professional Services represents around 300 staff across North America, EMEA and APAC/Japan. Working collaboratively across a range of markets, the function empowers our customers to unlock the full potential of Wind River solutions, dramatically reducing the risk and time associated with integrating new technologies and contributes a major revenue stream for Wind River.
The North America Aerospace & Defense (A&D) Delivery Director plays a crucial part in our global Professional Services team, having ownership of a wide range of responsibilities which lead to ultimately delivering on all A&D projects across North America.
Interface & Collaboration
This responsibility will include working with a range of colleagues to assess & formulate plans on how best to address customer needs, to enhance the depth of customer relationships, maximize business potential in those accounts and to ensure PS resources are being allocated efficiently and appropriately. The Wind River product portfolio continues to evolve, and the North America A&D DD will have responsibility to ensure that the resourcing team can offer the relevant skill sets, experience, maturity & availability to service customer accounts.
External Visibility & Customer Interface: One of the key responsibilities of the North America A&D Delivery Director will be as the external face of the business to customers. In this respect, the DD will spend time interfacing with prospects and customers, supporting sales opportunities and enhancing strategic relationships.
Internal Alignment & Collaboration: Working in an open, transparent spirit, where partnership & trust are embedded in our culture are critical to success within our entire organization, not just within Customer Success. The North America A&D DD will regularly work with and through many colleagues, including Engineering, Sales, Field Engineering and - on a daily basis - within the Professional Services function.
- Allocation of the available resource pool to deliver best results to customers, whilst maximizing ROI
- Managing the North America A&D P&L, considering the quarterly/annual financial targets
- Ensuring deliverables are world-class standard
- Embedding a culture of continuously improving & optimizing processes
- Engage and communicate with the sales team. Support services presales activities. Confirming opportunity qualification and management of pre-sales resources
- Measuring, analyzing & taking action to continuously improve customer satisfaction including effective escalation management
- Contributing as a key member of the Customer Success Leadership team, with a focus on peer collaboration, innovation & Company-wide functional partnerships
- Creating & driving strategic PS revenue growth plans for the North America A&D vertical
Core Competencies & Demonstrated Success
- 15+ years of Professional Services, Project delivery, Strategy or Business Development experience within a software development environment
- Demonstrated customer engagement management during opportunity pre-sales/qualification
- Financial modeling and business case development and analysis experience
- Customer interfacing experience at the C-level for both business development as well as information gathering
- Fundamental knowledge of embedded computing, operating systems and development tools
- Background and/or past experience working in the Aerospace & Defense industry.
- Demonstrated experience leading a Services based business including opportunity qualification, resource management, services development, services collateral and services business management
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and the ability to move easily between sales, product, services, marketing, strategy and technical discussions
- Excellent influence management skills and the ability to establish strong, collaborative working relationships with a multitude of stakeholders
- Ability to manage teams, directly and indirectly across geographies
- Product and solution development life-cycle process
- Software licensing (open source and proprietary) and service based pricing models
- BSc or equivalent required, MBA a plus.
- 25% travel required, depending upon location
- This position will perform work that the U.S. government has specified can only be performed by a U.S. citizen on U.S. soil, and therefore any offer will be contingent upon verification of both of these requirements.
- Active U.S. government clearances or ability to obtain necessary U.S. government authorizations, including, but not limited to, security clearances, export authorizations, and/or other U.S. government customer access requirements are prerequisites for this position.
BENEFITS & PERKS
- Competitive Benefits Package
- 401K + Company Match
- Virgin Pulse Wellness program
- Birthday and Volunteer Time off
- Management Training
- Pet friendly environment
- Pet Insurance
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...