Director of Quality & Safety
Wisk Aero in Mountain View, CA
- Industry: Executive Management - Engineering/Production
- Type: Full Time
- Compensation: $115,085.00 - 176,910.00 / Year*
At Wisk, we believe that less time getting there means more time being there for the moments that truly matter. We are an urban air-mobility company dedicated to delivering safe everyday flight for everyone. Our self-flying air taxi, Cora, will make it possible to skip the traffic and get to where you re going, faster. Join us to craft a better world by opening access to the sky.
We are looking for a Director of Quality & Safety who will drive a culture of safety throughout the organization. You will develop and maintain our Safety Management System, and lead a team of Quality Engineers, Quality Specialists, Auditors, Receiving Inspectors, and Process Assurance Engineers.
With regards to Safety Management, this position is responsible for:
- Establishing a process to identify aviation safety hazards, manage the associated risks, and conduct safety investigations
- Ensuring hazards, incidents, and accidents are appropriately reported and analyzed, and action is taken to prevent recurrence
- Establishing continual, regular, and structured review of safety management process to allow for continual improvement
With regards to Quality Assurance, this position is responsible for:
- Developing and maintaining quality procedures to identify, document and correct instances of non-conformance with both internally manufactured parts, and externally purchased raw materials, parts and components
- Executing the internal audit program, as well as the supplier audit program, to ensure compliance with manufacturing procedures
- Ensuring the continuing suitability and effectiveness of the quality assurance procedures and the manufacturing organization s operation
- Define and conduct training programs to ensure manufacturing employees are competent to fulfill their responsibilities
With regards to Process Assurance, this position is responsible for:
- Developing and maintaining process assurance procedures to identify, document and correct instances of non-compliance associated with the development of internally-designed parts and third-party components
- Executing the internal and supplier audit programs to ensure compliance with design processes, including DO-178B/C and DO-254, if applicable
- Ensuring the continuing suitability and effectiveness of the process assurance procedures and the design organization s operation
- Define and conduct training programs to ensure design employees are competent to fulfill their responsibilities
The Ideal Candidate will possess the following skills:
- Experience in safety, quality, manufacturing, engineering, operations, and/or program/project management
- Effective oral and written communication skills required to balance multiple stakeholders requirements, de-conflict contentious issues, and develop opportunities
- Firm understanding of the aerospace industry including competitive environment, products, and services
- Ability to manage complex internal and external relationships to drive business results
- Ability to work under pressure, deal effectively with ambiguity and complexity
- Ability to travel Internationally and within the US
- Ability to support production schedule(s)
- Capable of influencing a wide range of audiences, and having demonstrated leadership skills to win support without direct reporting structure
- Proven ability formulating strategic vision, and defining implementation plans of action to achieve success
- Demonstrated track record of recruiting, retaining, and promoting talent and creating a high performing teams
- Organizational skills can marshal resources to get things done, orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal, use resources effectively and efficiently, and arrange information in a useful manner
- Exhibits a high degree of technical credibility and communicates highly technical information in a simplistic and easily understandable way
- Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 12 years work experience or equivalent experience
- 12+ years working experience in Safety and Quality Management Systems
- 12+ years working experience in the Aerospace Manufacturing industry
- Experience with AS9100/ISO9000 in a global environment
- Familiarity with DO-178B/C, DO-254, and ARP4754A process compliance
We are located in Mountain View just a couple of hundred feet from Shoreline Lake and its surrounding walking/jogging trails. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance (company pays 100% of employee premium), alternative work schedule (9/80), flexible time off, 10 company holidays, a 401(k) plan with 50% company matching (no vesting period), commuter assistance, and education assistance. And on top of all that, we also offer a variety of perks such as free catered lunches, flight lessons, gym membership subsidies, snacks, drinks, fruits, employee referral bonus, charitable giving match, IP bonus program, happy hours and many more.
Wisk Aero provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Wisk Aero abides by applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Wisk Aero is an E-Verify employer.
Associated topics: aero, aerodynamics, aeronautical, aerospace, aircraft maintenance, airframe, aviation, flight, missle, pilot
* Estimated salary
More Jobs Hiring Near Me!